Farron Research as members of AMSRO, abides by the Market and Social Research Privacy Code 2021to ensure protection of your privacy and your information.
Farron Research is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. We have structured our web site so that, in general, you can visit Farron Research on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information.
Once you choose to provide us personally identifiable information (any information by which you can be identified), you can be assured that it will only be used to support your customer relationship with Farron Research.
This statement is not applicable to any websites linked to from Farron Research, which must maintain their own Privacy Statements.
This statement regarding the privacy of the personally identifiable information you provide online covers the five foundation principles of fair information: Awareness, Choice, Accuracy & Access, Security, andOversight.
What we collect
The types of personal information collected are used to improve our products and services, we may also ask you to provide us with information regarding your personal or professional interests, demographics, lifestyle, and more detailed contact information.
We will not collect any personal information from you revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, association membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation. Exceptions to this include: • where you have given express consent to Farron Research to do so; • where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; • the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law; or • when the information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
How we use your personal information
- Farron Research uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service. Specifically, we also use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalize our web sites for you. We may request details of credit card types, however, will not request details of credit card numbers.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to provide you with research panel or special offer information we think would be of particular interest. At a minimum, we will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such direct marketing or technical updates. We will also follow local requirements, such as allowing you to opt in before receiving unsolicited contact, where applicable.
- Farron Research will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other Farron Research entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses. Such Farron Research entities and/or business partners, including those in other countries, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data and are bound by the appropriate confidentiality agreements.
- Data collected online may also be combined with information you provide when making other contact with Farron Research.
- If we wish to use any of this personal information, information, or data for any purpose other than those specified above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so.
Exceptions to this include:
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health.
- where Farron Research suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information, or data to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law. These uses may include where Farron Research is required to provide information in response to subpoenas or warrants or other legal processes including requests from the Australian Stock Exchange.
Farron Research will not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first letting you know and offering you a choice. As previously stated, we will also provide you the opportunity to let us know if you do not wish to receive unsolicited direct materials (technical, marketing or other) from us and we will do everything we can to honour such requests. Local country laws and policies are applied where they differ from those in Australia.
Accuracy & Access
Farron Research strives to keep your personally identifiable information accurate. We will provide you with access to your information, including making every effort to provide you with online access to your registration data so that you may view, update, or correct your information at the Farron Research site where it was submitted. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or enabling you to make corrections. To access your personally identifiable information, return to the web page where you originally entered it and follow the instructions on that web page. Certain areas ofFarronResearch’swebsitesmaylimitaccesstospecificindividualsthroughtheuseofpasswordsandthrough providing personaldata.
Farron Research is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use appropriate encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
Farron Research always will strive to ensure the accuracy of the information it has on file related to our Panel Members. We will however rely on our Panel Members to keep us informed of changes to contact details.
The safety of children is very important to us.
We ask that children under the age of 18 have a parent or guardian verify their membership application with Farron Research. Whilst Farron Research will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility of parents to monitor their children’s Internet usage.
What else you should know about privacy
Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
Please be aware that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information over the Internet (for example: in discussion forums, via email, or in chat sites) that this information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information in publicly accessible online forums, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and passwords and any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are using the Internet.